Sermon Application Questions
Preaching: Jeff Dryden
When Death and Tragedy Come
1. Why did John the Baptist die?
2. What can we learn from his death?
3. Do you feel prepared for death?
4. In the story of John the Baptist’s imprisonment death in context we learn that he questioned who Jesus was but also stood up for what was right, we learn that Herod acted out of fear of what other people think, and we learn that Herodias acted out of bitterness. Who do you related to most in the story and why?
5. We all must trust God. How does a person entrust himself to God, when he doesn’t feel like it?