Sermon Application Questions
Preaching: Jeff Dryden
God’s Commands in Relating to Him
Pray for grace through application of God’s word
Review the message notes
1. Read the passage.
2. What is the purpose of the law in your own words?
3. The first law concerns not having any other gods before God. What do we devote ourselves to, live for, seek, follow, worship besides God?
4. Do you take God’s name in vain?
5. How do you keep the Sabbath holy? What does it mean for you?
6. Jeff gave nine suggestions. Which one can you work on this month?
- a. Make Sunday worship a priority. How would you? What you do on Saturday night can help or hinder Sunday morning. Get enough sleep.
- b. Read the preaching passage & a Psalm to prepare you to listen for God.
- c. Make Sunday fun. There’s no where in the Bible that says that. Except David was glad. Make it something you look forward to. Getting small children ready is a challenge. Put on worship music. Get your own heart ready.
- d. Participate in what Sunday offers: a. Arrive in time to encourage others. b. Sunday school/Discipleship Hour.
- e. Participate in the service: Agree in prayer in your heart, listen attentively (take notes), consider the words we sing.
- f. Participate after the service: with others, listen, love, pray with others
- g. Hospitality: Share a meal with someone!!
- h. Use your Sunday evening with others
- i. Sunday afternoon: take a nap/rest, take a walk/relax: enjoy God’s outdoors