Sermon Application Questions 3.16.15
Preaching: Jeff Dryden
Forgive Us Our Debts
Pray for grace through application of God’s word
Review any message notes
- Am I more aware of others sins than mine?
- Am I more aware of what others have done to hurt me, than I am of how I’ve hurt others?
- Am I more aware of how others have hurt me, or how I’ve dishonored God? (Why do you think that is?)
- “Until we fully acknowledge the chaos within us that the Bible calls sin, we live in what Calvin calls ‘unreality.’” What is your chaos? And how do you fully acknowledge this?
- Why do we need to ask forgiveness, if God already knows it?
- “Jesus tightly links our relationship with God to our relationship with others. It works two ways. If we have not seen our sin and sought radical forgiveness from God, we will be unable to forgive and to seek the good of those who have wronged us. So unresolved bitterness is a sign that we are not right with God. It also means that if we are holding a grudge, we should see the hypocrisy of seeking forgiveness from God for sins of our own.” Tim Keller Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God. p.115-116. Do you have bitterness or are you unable to forgive? How do we grow in our awareness of our forgiveness before God?
NEXT WEEK: Matthew 6:13
Don’t feel like you have to get through all these questions. Conclude your time of reflection with prayer.