Sermon Application Questions
Preaching: Jeff Dryden
I Thessalonians 5:16-18; Colossians 3:15-17
Pray for grace through application of God’s word
Review the message notes & passage
1. What are you thankful for?
2. What do those things you are thankful for tell you about God?
3. Discuss Jeff’s 7 points
a. Giving Thanks is a sacrifice of worship that glorifies God!!! (Psalm 50:23)
b. Giving thanks encourages our hearts in who God is and what He has done. (Psalm 75:1, 92:1-2)
c. Thanksgiving recalls the goodness of God. (Psalm 118:29)
d. Unthankfulness is Dangerous. Unthankfulness is rebellion vs. God. (Romans 1:21, 22-23)
e. Giving Thanks is Spiritual Warfare. (Colossians 3:15-17)
f. Look for God’s work in others and give thanks.
g. Give Thanks for common goodness: (2 Timothy 4:4)
4. Jeff said unthankfulness is dangerous. Why is that?
5. How have you seen that be dangerous?
6. Take a moment to think of what you are thankful for in those in your Life Group/Small group/ or Family. Share that with them.